Today, the human life is completely surrounded by the radiation sources- It’s all around us. It shows playing with radiation is the part of our daily activities. The cell phone we are carrying in our hand, the laptop- in front of which we have to sit hours long, x-rays from an x-rays from an X-ray tube or dental x-ray machine checkup gamma rays from radioactive elements, the air we breathe, the food we eat, the cigarettes we smoke, the building materials in our homes and all our electronic gadgets are sources of radiation.
In general radiation is energy given off by matter in the form of rays or high-speed particles. The kind of radiation we have to be aware of is called ionizing radiation.
The Ionizing radiation is radiation with enough energy so that during an interaction with an atom, it can remove tightly bound electrons from the orbit of an atom, causing the atom to become charged or ionized. The radiation can also be produced by high-voltage x-ray devices and x-rays from an X-ray tube.
How it is harmful for the human body?
In spite of its harmfulness in human body, radiation plays the essential role in modern radiological techniques. The most commonly used medical procedures involve the use of x-rays – a type of radiation that can pass through our skin. In healthcare, hospitals, doctors and dentists use a variety of nuclear materials and procedures to diagnose, monitor, and treat a wide assortment of metabolic processes and medical conditions in humans.
Radiation damages the cells that make up the human body. At the high levels of radiation, the body can’t generate cells any longer. Numerous epidemiological studies of survivors of Hiroshima, Nagasaki catastrophes, children, who are grown in the danger zones of Chernobyl, pilots, astronauts, and radiologists confirmed the link between radiation and cataract development.
Too much radiation exposure can be harmful. The amount of radiation dose a person receives can be limited through three principles: time, distance, and shielding. In this post we are going to discuss about the most effective and easiest way of reducing the risk of radiation exposure tom the human body called shielding.
Radiation shielding is one of the easiest and reliable way of protecting human body from harmful rays during radiological examination process. There are various types of shielding used in the reduction of radiation exposure including lead aprons, lead thyroid shields, lead glasses, lead masks etc.
- Lead Apron: Lead aprons are used in medical facilities to protect workers and patients from unnecessary x-ray radiation exposure from diagnostic radiology procedures. A lead (or lead equivalent) apron is a protective garment which is designed to shield the body from harmful radiation, usually in the context of medical imaging. Both patients and medical personnel utilize lead aprons, which are customized for a wide range of usages.
Our company is a professional enterprise that specializes in developing, manufacturing, and selling medical x-ray protective clothing and devices. Our aprons come with both technology and style.
Various styles and models cater to different needs. The special design allows our aprons to be supported upon shoulders with 1-2 cm space, which distributes the weight evenly on shoulders, waist and other parts of the body. Our aprons features highly flexible ultra thin and super light weight.
It is designed to provide efficacious shield against radiation during X-ray process. The special design allows our aprons to be supported upon shoulders with 1-2 cm space, which distributes the weight evenly on shoulders, waist and other parts of the body. Our aprons features highly flexible ultra thin and super light weight
- Lead Gloves: Radiation resistant gloves are used to counter the effect of x-ray radiations. As the images are necessary for the success of these procedures, however the negative effects of scatters radiation to the assistants and physicians can be counter balanced by these gloves.
Global Imaging world offers the widest range of x-ray protective lead gloves is the rapidly growing manufacturer and seller of sterile radiation protection gloves in the world. Our x-ray protective lead gloves are offered sterile, by the pair in a full range of sizes, including half-sizes.
- Lead Glasses: Lead glasses are designed to provide radiation protection to eyes. Eyes being the most sensitive area of your body, are most vulnerable to radiations. That’s why we provide best quality Lead Glasses to protect your eyes.
At global Imaging World we are offering lightweight, high quality radiation protection glasses specially designed for medical professionals are working at high risk from the radiation-induced eye injuries.
- Lead Masks: Lead Masks offer more shielding area than lead glasses. These general sized radiation protection masks provide maximum coverage to prevent exposure to scatter radiation from all angles.
Our lead masks offer optimum performance for those individuals seeking a best quality lead face shield offering a larger area of protection than lead glasses.
5.Thyroid shields: The thyroid shield is very sensitive to the effects of radiation and thyroid conditions can have serious impact on health. Lead thyroid collars prevent harmful exposures to this sensitive gland by minimizing the exposures’ effects.
Our thyroid x-ray protection is utilized by hospitals, private practices, and imaging centers throughout the world. Give your patients and medical staff the quality care and protection they deserve with risk-reducing lead thyroid shield from global imaging world.
6.Gonadal Shield: Gonadal shielding prevents damage to reproductive organs during radiation therapy. Gonadal shielding in radiography is a type of fertility preservation
Being the fastest growing supplier of Medical device or lead protection accessories, we have been able to provide the customers with a comprehensive assortment of Gonad and Ovarian Shields.
7. Lead Curtains: lead curtains provide a method of separating patient bays in area of mobile x-ray activity. Our lead curtains for x-ray are ideal for areas with secondary or low-level radiation and an economical solution for temporary set-ups.
So, Whether the source of radiation is natural or man-made, whether it is a small dose of radiation or a large dose, there will be some biological effects.